Friday, September 02, 2005

Old Photos ...


I was going through some old family photo negatives I brought back from Germany last time I was there and found two great photos of my Grandfather. Mopeds are a common thing in Germany, and everyone and their dog had/has one. I wish it was like that over here in Canada. This particular pair of photos were taken shortly after he bought this DKW (one of very many mopeds that members of my family had over the years....). Its a DKW Hummel, from the looks of it I would guess late 50s. Although he rode motorcycles most of life and did until the late 70s early 80s, the Moped was mode of transportation choice for almost everyone after the war. With these gas prices I expect that many people will soon discover the benifits of 100km/L.
I love the suits and dress of the early half of the 20th century ... you see people now and you wonder sometimes wtf they are thinking ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay R Casey said...

Very cool photos! BTW, I was just looking on Ebay and there are a bunch of old Rudge Whitworth sales brochures from the '30s up there. Thought you might be interested.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home