Sunday, July 31, 2005

And to the Lake we Go

Years ago, I would get on my motorbike, and escape the real world by heading mid week to Lake Simcoe, around Sutton there is a beach called Willow Beach which during the beach was always empty during the day. A perfect place to escape and chill out. Well, life goes on, and years pass and you often forget these things ... we are all so busy running the rat race we often forget that we need to breathe and live a little.
We Saturday I had just had it. I sat at work thinking, I have to get out of here. I thought, since I got that new carb, I should seriously take it for a test drive! Well, having thought of Lake Simcoe, I decided I would try it. What's the worst that could happen? A flat? The motor dies? It's not THAT far away, so hey, why not?
Thinking it was pretty far a drive, and I didn't want to hunt for a gas station in the middle of nowhere, i bungeed on my 5 Liter gas tank (no i am still not done making my real second gas tank .. no time!).
Km:1589
The Journey starts, and first things first, I head for the gas station, which turns out to be a disaster, as i over filled the gas tank on the back lol got gas everywhere!

Km: 1592
All filled up, we are cruising along steadily and really soaking in the sun for once.

I headed northward and soon, the townhouses stacked side by side with not a mm to spare, were replaced by massive green trees with branches reaching out to wave to passers by, they danced slowly in the slight breeze. Once you get passed a certain point, the road starts rolling with the hills. This is where the fun begins on moped, as some of these hills are just massive. But if you’re patient, and chose a path where this isn’t a huge issue, you’ll be humming along as I did, comfortably cruising between 25-30mph … The scenery was indeed gorgeous. When I got to the top of this hill at Ravenshoe Road, I couldn’t help but think this looks endless ….


I actually rolled down that hill with the motor off, and hit over 35mph lol so gravity is still pulling me down!
I soon after Rode past a town called Egypt, which was great … Welcome to Egypt! Lol. OH NO! I rode too far! As I passed Sibbald Point Park the highway-esque road turned into the most sexy winding along the lake road ever. With a speed limit of 40km/h you don’t have to worry about cars, and besides, everyone up there is relaxing anyway, so no stressy drivers. Just a great ride along the lake.



I passed Willow Beach which was packed full of peoples, and kept going for a while until I found the dock for the ferry to Snake Island. I parked myself there and sat on the dock and enjoyed the traffic jam of boats out there in the Lake.



What a great ride that was. I headed home after a while thinking it would have been cool if I had a riding partner for the trip, but then I remember I already did have one … my shadow! The bastard had been following me all day!



The ride back was also cool. Driving by the endless fields, the forests etc…





What lasted for hours (well I did stop to see some people on the way …) turned out to only be 93 miles … or around 150 km … The funny part is that my real 2 liter gas tank on the Honda, which I was worried was going to run out, actually still has gas in it. So taking that 5 liter tank with me was totally unnecessary. I always seem to forget the best part about mopeds … fuel economy. I got a chance to get outside, and rode around all afternoon, saw things I haven’t ever looked at, and all this for less than 2 liters of gas? Ie. Less than $2? Lol I really have to do this more often! hmmmmm ... Mondays' a holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home