Saturday, July 16, 2005

Oompa Loompa ! ! !

Went last night to watch Charlie and the Chocolate factory. All in all, not bad. Having recently watched the original "Willi Wonka and the Chocolate factory" I was really getting my hopes up for this one. After all you have a Tim Burton movie here kids! With Johnny Depp in it ... it just has to be good! Was it? Well, I have to say, I definitely wasn't bad. But I think I was expecting more. Some of the scenes were fabulous. The ideas for example the machines in the factory were crazy. Over all the only scene I was disappointed in was the "totally eatable room" ... I was really hoping for something completely over the top, instead it seemed a good recreation of what I remember from the book. The 1971 movie seemed almost to have a more elaborate room.
Cast of characters were good. Veruca Salt was a an UBER bitch! Awesome, though she could have laid it on a bit thicker. Charlie was good, not great. Oh the fat german kid Augustus! OMG, fat little bastard he was! Greatest thing about that was he was from: Dusseldorf! Yup where I was born, and they showed a pic of it too! and I was in tears laughing, they showed a traditional bavarian town covered in snow lol. Bit of a stretch considering its the wrong side of the country!
Anyway, all in all, great movie worth a watch. I laughed when I saw the moped swarm! When Wonka announces the contest, out come hundreds of motor assisted red bicycles ... no idea what they were but they came streaming out of the factory like an army of bats! Great stuff, would have loved to have swarmed with them!
Oh, also saw a long trailer for The Corpse Bride ... looks fun! Only a few more months!

1 Comments:

Blogger ]-[åRdFlóòR said...

I'll have to check that out ... looks bizarre enough to watch. Burtons other movie is also coming out in September, "The Corpse Bride" which from the really long assed trailer before Charlie, looks very ... Nightmare-ish Can't wait for that one either...

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home