Friday, October 07, 2005

Should I stay or Should I go?

Well, in theory, I had planned to do the Lake Simcoe run tomorrow morning.
As it stands right now, here is the forecast for tomorrow:
Markham:
Morning: 6°C/Mainly cloudy/30%P.O.P
Afternoon: 13°C/Cloudy w/ Sunny breaks/20%P.O.P
Orillia:
Morning: 4°C/Cloudy/10%P.O.P
Afternoon: 13°C/Cloudy/10%P.O.P
Barrie:
Morning: 5°C/Cloudy periods/10%P.O.P
Afternoon: 13°C/Cloudy periods/20%P.O.P
So what does this all mean? Well, its getting cold! Winter is coming it appears. So now do I ride or don't I? Kind of like the Clash song "Should I stay or Should I go?". Decisions desicions.
On the upside, from the numbers, its not supposed to rain, which would seriously screw up my life on 'ped at that temperature. Besides, the cold would be good, as running all day at near top speed is bound to bring on the heat from that little motor. If I back out now, I will have to wait yet another week before attempting it, and who knows how cold it will be then. Ultimately, I think I should go for it. The leaves are gorgeous, the air is crisp, and although I am not a big outdoors freak, it is awesome to see Ontario this time of year. It will take me all day, which might be a good escape from reality. Well, I will check the "trusty" weather site again in the morning, since overnight changes where 30% chance of rain got me SOAKED to the bone B4. Wish me luck .... Time to do an oil change, check the valves, check the tires, spay the chain etc ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home